Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 1 Wrap-up!


Day 1 is almost in the books! I had a very rough start. Woke up with what I think was a sinus headache (mine can be as bad as a migraine), but I pushed forward with the plan!

I tend to swap my protein and shakes on shake days. I just do better when I start out with food. So I had 2 eggs for breakfast. YUM! For my other protein, I had greens and tuna. Again, YUM!

My shake mid-morning was good. I have to say that I have tried lots of different ones, and none compares to the one from the plan I follow. Seriously-it has 10 grams of protein and less than 1 gram of carbs. It is very hard to find that anywhere and have it taste good. For 2 of my shakes today I added chocolate PB2. Tasted just like a Reese cup!!! YUM!

Onto water...this has always been a struggle to me. The guidelines are either half your body weight in ounces of water or a gallon. I opted for half my weight...I had hit 105 ounces by 2 PM. This is huge for me. I actually am drinking more right now.

As of right now, there are 1317 people participating...WOW! It is unbelievable to me that we have formed such a community. I love the support and friendship I have gained because of this system. In fact, today, when I was struggling with my headache, someone recommended our super fruit juice. I am completely out right now. (Just an FYI, this juice is taken at a capful a day and is full of all the good fruits that have tons of antioxidants) Someone that I just met today offered to send me her extra bottle...FREE OF CHARGE. Talk about kindness and generosity. I am definitely going to be paying it forward sometime soon.

Well, that's it for Day 1.  I hope if you are a part of the Turkey Trot that you have had an awesome day. If you aren't, what are you waiting for???

No comments:

Post a Comment