Sunday, January 5, 2014

NSV Sunday


In light of it being a new year, I have decided to resurrect NSV Sundays. I want to focus not only on the weight loss, but also on changes I am noticing in me, my life, and yours too! So feel free to comment or link your own NSV post in the comments.

So, tonight's NSV is all about new starts. I started this journey almost a year ago. January 8, 2013 was the day I started tracking on My Fitness Pal. January 27, 2013 is the day I ordered my supplements. Something changed in me last year. Someone believed in me (actually several someones) and gave me HOPE for the first time in a long time. Last year was full of NSV's, but this was the most important one.

Tomorrow I begin a new start of sorts. The past 3 weeks have had children home, a houseful of sickies (including me) and the holidays. I am thankful that I only am up 5 pounds from my lowest. That is manageable. Forty pounds gone in a year may not sound like much to you or others, but it symbolizes more than just a number on the scale. For the first time in 15 years, I can shop in the misses' section, I can purchase "foundational" items off the rack and not have to try them on. I can keep up with my kids. I have HOPE.

Tomorrow, I get back on the wagon. I know I am carb resistant. I know that wheat and I do not agree. I am continuing with my supplements, and transitioning to a more paleo approach to eating. I am excited and a bit scared at the same time. I think this is the boost I need to get back at it. I am excited to see where it takes me. Please pray for me, and know I pray for you.

So, what NSV's do you have? I am looking forward to see what 2014 is going to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment